|Sacred Treasure:|| |
|First Appearance:||Warriors Orochi 4|
|Real name:|| |
Role in GamesEdit
Chasing after Perseus, who stole several Arms of Ouroboros, into Orochi's world, Ares personally met both Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Cao Pi, offering both men to be a "King of Men" individually, and giving them an Arm of Ouroboros in exchange for their forces. Cao Pi, however, later warns Ares that he should be wary of those he deceive, as deception will eventually be revealed in all its harshness.
Constantly at odds against the Coalition, Ares grows increasingly vexed by his repeated defeats at the hands of mortals, as well as his father's refusal to reveal his true motives. He is eventually approached by Loki, who offers to make Ares a "King of Gods" if he can strike his father down. Faced with the betrayals of both his allies and his father's own defeat at the hands of the humans, Ares kills Zeus and seizes his power before joining with Loki and Odin.
In spite of his newfound powers, Ares still receives humiliating setbacks. After being beaten by the humans at Luoyang, Loki arrives to take Zeus's power before attempting to kill Ares, having served his purpose. Ares's death is averted by both Guan Yinping and Yukimura Sanada, who intervene on their foe's behalf.
Angered at being manipulated and somewhat grateful for his rescue, Ares joins the Coalition and heads to attack Loki for information regarding his father's body, and also attacks Da Ji, when they learn that she possesses his father's body. Once his father is revived, Ares assists the humans in defeating Odin. Once the worlds are restored to their natural state, Ares gazes upon the humans alongside his sister and father, content to see their growth.
Arrogant and prideful, Ares is highly confident of his own strength and looks down on humans for their perceived weaknesses. In a more lax environment, Ares is somewhat bashful and may be unable to openly show his positive receptions such as respect and admiration very easily. Unable to understand his father's high regard for mortals, Ares sees them weak and undisciplined, and seeks to create a more orderly and stable world using his powers as a god.
After spending time with the mortals as genuine allies, Ares has newfound respect for humans having the strength to continue fighting during seemingly hopeless odds, though he holds more respect than he'd like to openly show. He respects his father's strength but is bewildered at times by his occasional eccentric nature and is frustrated at times at being unable to read the elder god. Ares also pushes Naotora Ii to become a prouder and more confident person, believing her to be worthy of Aphrodite's powers. He also admits that her beauty reminds him of the goddess. Despite the seemingly loose alliance with Cao Pi in the beginning, the god respects the prince's natural abilities to lead and his methods to try and overcome his father.
Typhon, Ares' weapon, is not actually significant to Ares himself as Typhon is more commonly associated with Zeus. Typhon was a monstrous creature whose nature is said to be serpentine. In the Iliad, Typhon faced Zeus in a battle for supremacy over the cosmos, a battle which Zeus won. Typhon was then thrown down to Tartarus by Zeus, although other accounts wrote that Typhon was buried in what is now known as Mount Etna. The use of Typhon then refers to the cyclical nature of succession in Greek Mythology as Zeus overthrows Cronus, who overthrew Uranus; it was then prophesized that Zeus would be overthrown by one of his children as well, although this was never fully reference in literature.
- Makoto Furukawa - Warriors Orochi 4
- "Cao Pi. It looks like you and I have to fight together again. Don't you go disobeying my orders this time."
- "Unfortunately for you, you are in no position to be giving orders this time. You are only here because you were rescued by those you looked down on."
- "How dare you...!"
- "Hah, I'm kidding. I am well aware that you are incapable of doing anything else. Now that we find ourselves in this situation, we have to work together to defeat our common enemy, do we not?"
- "Hmph... If that's what you believe, then do as you like."
- "He creates trouble, but that god is always easy to manipulate. In a way, he's more simple and pure than any human being."
- ~~Ares and Cao Pi; Warriors Orochi 4
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- : Ares turns his right Typhon spear into a small dragon which loops and blows a beam of fire out to burn enemies.
- , : Ares turns his left Typhon spear into a medium-sized dragon which flies around him eating enemies and raises its head blowing enemies out in a fiery explosion.
- , , : Ares sends his Typhon dragons into the air and crash down on enemies with lightning to stun enemies.
- , , , : Ares has his Typhon dragons fly around him to eat enemies, then blast out the victims and fireballs.
- , , , , : Ares turns his left Typhon spear into a large dragon and rides on it while sucking in enemies. He later jumps off causing an explosion to the enemies.
- , , , , , : Ares turns one of his Typhon spears into a dragon and it flies around devouring enemies at will. After a while, the dragon flies up and crashes down blowing enemies out in an explosion.
- : Ares turns both Typhon spears into large dragons and has them suck in enemies like a vacuum. He then has the dragons roar loud enough to regurgitate the enemies with heavy damage.
- R1 + : Ares turns one of his Typhon spears into a large dragon and rides around on it. and will shoot fireballs out of the dragon's mouth. He will dismount after a while.
- R1 + : Ares floats in midair shooting a fireball barrage out of his Typhon spears.
Ares is the well known Greek God of War, and one of the Twelve Olympians, the most important gods and goddesses of the Greek pantheon of gods. Greek Mythology literature states that he is the brother of Athena, and both are considered gods of war in Greek Mythology. The main difference with Ares and Athena is the nature of war which they adopted and embodied: Ares embodied the physical nature of war that is required to win; however this embodiment makes him unpredictable as he would also embody the destructive aspect of war. In the Iliad, Zeus even stated that Ares is the god most hateful to Zeus. This unpredictability would also cast some doubt over his status as the god of war as stated in the Iliad, which is the poems about the Trojan War
The Iliad portrayed Ares originally as a neutral god during the Trojan War, only supporting through the reward of courage, however Aphrodite persuaded Ares to join the side of the Trojans. Ares would then personally join in battle against the Achaeans or the Greeks; Athena, who supported the Greeks saw this and was given permission by Zeus to drive him away: a Greek hero named Diomedes threw a spear at Ares and Athena drives the spear in, which wounded Ares and forced him to retreat. Further during the conflict, one of Ares' son died in battle. this caused Ares to want to join in battle again, disregarding Zeus' order of gods being prohibited to enter in battle, again, Athena managed to stop Ares. When Zeus allowed the gods to join in battle, Ares moved first, attacking Athena, although Athena managed to defeat Ares.
|This Warriors Orochi related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|