- This article is about the first game. For the series, see Dynasty Warriors (series). For the live action film, see Dynasty Warriors (film)
Dynasty Warriors (三国無双, Sangoku Musou) is the beginning of the Dynasty Warriors series. Unlike the later games, the original game was a 3D one-to-one weapons-based fighting game similar to Tekken, Soul Edge, or Star Gladiator. The tag line for the title is "You can't say you know the Three Kingdoms until you've played Dynasty Warriors!".
- Cao Cao - Beat the game with every available Wei character.
- Zhuge Liang - Beat the game with every available Shu character and press left on the character select screen.
- Lu Bu - Beat the game with Cao Cao, Zhuge Liang, all of the Wu characters and Diao Chan.
The following characters need a code in order to play them. These characters do not possess endings.
- Sun Shang Xiang - Press the following button sequence in the title screen: Left, Left, Up, Down, , , L1, R1. Has the same moveset as Zhou Yu.
- Nobunaga - Beat the game with Lu Bu and press the following button sequence in the title screen: , Up, , Down, . Has the same moveset as Lu Bu.
- Toukichi - Beat the game with Nobunaga and press the following button sequence in the title screen: Down, Down, Right, Up, , , R1, R2. Has the same moveset as Cao Cao.
- Sora no Kakera
- Performed by Seirei Bishojotai Ceres
- Many of the characters' attacks in this game continue to influence their future incarnations in the Dynasty Warriors series. Certain characters, such as Zhang Fei, Taishi Ci, and Dian Wei kept several of the same animations until Dynasty Warriors 6.
- The animations for their winposes also appear in other titles. A majority of them were changed by the series' fourth installment or fifth installment. As a likely homage, Zhao Yun's victory pose in Dynasty Warriors 6 replicates his actions during this game's intro movie and his winpose.
- Character models also appear as alternate costumes in Destrega.
- Nobunaga's theme music is remixed and later reused in Oda Nobunaga Den.
- Dynasty Warriors informational site
- Japanese informational site
- Omega Force 20th Anniversary celebration: Japanese opening movie
- Opening and Ending movies
- Stream of the image song
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|