|Playable Debut:||Samurai Warriors 5|
July 8, 1527
June 23, 1561
Prior to his playable debut, Yoshitatsu has been a generic NPC since the first Samurai Warriors.
Role in Games
In Samurai Warriors, Yoshitatsu is the leader of the Saitō clan during Nobunaga's siege of Inabayama Castle. He is confident that his castle can withstand whatever the Oda army throws at them and orders his vassals to withstand the siege. His vassals, Mitsuhide and Ranmaru, don't think highly of him and only fight against the invaders to prove their worth to Nobunaga. Once the Oda army gains the advantage, he is startled when Hanbei rebels and orders the army to come to his assistance. He retreats within the castle during the siege in a last ditch effort but fails to defend. He falls and his territory is renamed as Gifu. His role as the clan leader is replaced by Tatsuoki in Samurai Warriors 3.
He returns in Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, executing his father out of jealousy for believing in Nobunaga at Nagaragawa.
In Samurai Warriors 5, he first appears when Nobunaga fights his father, Dōsan Saitō at Mino. He then conspires to assassinate Nobunaga at his own marriage despite Dosan wanting it to be genuine, and Nobunaga is nearly assasinated but escapes with the help of his wife Nō and Saito retainer, Mitsuhide Akechi. When the Saito ally with Nobunaga to attack Yoshimoto Imagawa, Yoshitatsu retreats in disgust and condescends Nobunaga for being forced to turn about by Yoshimoto. He then betrays his father at Nagaragawa culminating in his takeover of the clan, to the chagrin of many Oda retainers. He meets his fateful end at Gifu Castle, with Nobunaga claiming himself as Dosan's legitimate successor.
- Michael Forest - Samurai Warriors (English-uncredited)
- Hisao Egawa - Samurai Warriors (Japanese)
- Eiji Takeuchi, Daiki Kobayashi, Masamichi Kitada, Taro Kiuchi, Toshitsugu Takashina, Nanako Mori, Rie Hikisaka, Haruka Shimizu, Miho Shinada, Sayuri Sadaoka - Nioh 2
- Takumu Miyazono - Samurai Warriors 5
- "Somebody, stop Hanbei at once!"
- ~~Samurai Warriors
- "Looks like Princess went to Owari. Dōsan and Nobunaga are closer now than they were before."
- "... I can't comprehend what Father is thinking."
- "Someday Mino will be covered in darkness. A dark, sinking void which begins with Nobunaga..."
- "I won't let Mino suffer that fate. Nobunaga and Father... They are both my sworn enemies."
- ~~Hanbei and Yoshitatsu; 100man-nin no Sengoku Musou
Yoshiatsu was born in Mino Province in 1527, the eldest son of Saitō Dosan. Some theorize that Yoshitatsu was in fact the son of Toki Yorinari, the former ruler of Mino. Whether true or not, this helped bring former retainers of the Toki clan into the Saitō clan's service. Yoshitatsu declared rebellion against his father in an attempt to obtain control. Decisively defeating his father at the Battle of Nagaragawa in 1556, Yoshitatsu wiped out any opposition within the clan and declared himself as second head of Saitō.
|This article about a Samurai Warriors character is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|