|Force(s):|| Yuan Shao's Forces|
Yuan Shang's Forces
|Weapon Type:|| Sword (5)|
|First Appearance:||Dynasty Warriors 2|
|Real name:|| |
|Chinese name:|| |
|Style name:|| |
|Chinese name:|| |
顕奕 - 显奕
顕雍 - 显雍
|Alternate style name is listed in the Book of the Later Han.|
Yuan Xi (onyomi: En Ki) was Yuan Shao's second son and Zhenji's first husband. Little is known about him, however due to his rather displeasing looks he was looked down upon by his father in comparison to his younger brother, Yuan Shang and his elder brother, Yuan Tan. After Cao Cao conquered Yuan Shang's territory, Yuan Xi, together with his younger brother fled to Liaodong to seek refuge. The ruler there, Gongsun Kang, instead had the two killed and sent their heads to Cao Cao.
Role in GamesEdit
At Ji Province in Dynasty Warriors 4, Yuan Xi is one of the last of the Yuan family members to fight against Cao Cao. To get one of the brothers to fight each other, Cao Cao had to go through Yuan Xi. In the expansion, he spies on Zhen Ji to ensure that she does not mutiny. If she does, Yuan Xi will declare his wife a traitor for choosing Cao Pi and deploy assassins to eliminate her. But if Zhen Ji stays, she and her husband will attack Cao Pi's platoon together.
He makes a small appearance in Dynasty Warriors 7 during Cao Pi's first Legendary Battle as an adversary Cao Pi must defeat to win Zhen Ji's heart. He is furious that Cao Pi had the nerve to steal his wife.
Should the player encounter him as Zhen Ji in Warriors Orochi 2, he will try to woo her back to his side only to be coldly rebuffed. The third game has him serve as his former wife's replacement officer when players assume the latter's role in battle.
In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Yuan Xi is given average stats across the board like his brothers.
- Seirō Ogino - Sangokushi Legion
- "You shall pay dearly for betraying me."
- "Father, I want to ask you... What is it that gives our family such prestige?"
- "Do I really have to tell you?! It is the dazzling radiance of our noble lineage."
- "D-Dazzling radiance... Really?"
- "Since you were brought up in the presence of my prestige, you are simply incapable of seeing such radiance yourself."
- ~~Yuan Xi and Yuan Shao; Dynasty Warriors 8
- "My lady, you have returned to me at last!"
- "Don't misunderstand. I am here for this battle alone."
- ~~Yuan Xi and Zhen Ji; Warriors Orochi 2
Romance of the Three KingdomsEdit
|This article about a Dynasty Warriors character is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|